DOUGLAS MOLLOY PROFILE
- OVER 30 YEARS EXPERIENCE AS AN ASSISTANT STATE ATTORNEY, STATEWIDE PROSECUTOR, AND CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEY
- OVER 250 JURY TRIALS
- PERSONAL ATTENTION AND DEDICATION TO EACH CASE
Douglas Molloy has worked as a criminal attorney in every aspect of the criminal justice system:
- Assistant State Attorney (all State crimes, from misdemeanors to DUI to murder)
- Chief Assistant Statewide Prosecutor (white collar fraud, gangs, organized crime, drug trafficking, and civil rights cases)
- Chief Assistant U.S. Attorney for Southwest Florida (handling every federal offense)
- Criminal Defense Attorney ( all State and Federal crimes, including fraud, drug crimes, violent crime, DUI, weapons offenses, elder crime issues, identity and computer crimes, misdemeanors, and violations of probation)
Douglas Molloy graduated from the University of Florida Magna Cum Laude, and graduated from the University of Florida Law School, receiving his Juris Doctor in 1979. Based on his 30 year career, Douglas Molloy has been interviewed frequently by the media on criminal law issues. He has lectured and taught on current criminal law issues nationally and internationally. Molloy has taught in U.S. cities including Washington D.C., Houston, San Juan, Baltimore, Tampa and Orlando, as well as lectured on behalf of the United States Department of Justice in Moscow, Buenos Aires, Rio de Janeiro, Prague, and Kalingrad.
Molloy has been an adjunct professor at Florida Gulf Coast University and Florida Southwest State College, teaching numerous classes on Evidence, Search and Seizure, Criminal Procedure, and current topics and changes in criminal prosecution and defense.
Douglas Molloy has prosecuted or represented defendants in almost every jurisdiction in Florida. He is admitted to practice in all Florida courts and the Middle and Southern Districts of Florida federal courts. Molloy has also argued before the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals in Atlanta Georgia.